As I continue to monitor my GAME plan progress I look over my goal time and time again which is 3a demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations and 4a advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources. I have been using the technology teacher at my school for most of the resources since she has been the most helpful. At this time I do not need to modify my GAME plan as I have been working to demonstrate fluency with the technology that I teach my students.
During my last few weeks in this course at Walden and developing a GAME Plan I have learned that demonstrating fluency in technology is something I will have to practice not just this year but, every year. Teaching technology has been so much fun with second graders but, there are a lot of questions they have that I don’t seem to always have the answer for. I have also learned that instead of trying to teach students all the rules and appropriate ways of using the internet that I need to try and focus on a few at a time. The question I have, is there safe skills for internet use that I can teach my students without overwhelming them?
No comments:
Post a Comment