"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it."
~Marian Wright Edelman, author

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reflection

This course has helped me develop my own technology skills as a professional teacher by allowing me to utilize something that I would probably not if I was left to do it alone.  I have learned so much about blogs, wikis, and podcasts that I would not have otherwise.  I have deepened my knowledge of the teaching and learning process in many ways.  Learning so much from this course about the web 2.0 tools and what they can do for me as a teacher and for my students is remarkable.  Students will not only be learning inside the classroom but outside as well because learning does not stop when the school day is over.  Educating students on blogs, wikis, and podcasts will allow students more knowledge for their future in the real world.  I have been able to change my perspective from being teacher-centered to learner-centered because teaching is not done by the teacher only.  It is not suppose to be a lecturing process either, however; effectively modeling and allowing students to guide the teaching process is what it should look like.  To increase student achievement with technology being the aim, I will continue to expand my knowledge of learning by educating myself with the upcoming 2.0 tools that are available so that I can effectively teach my students.  I believe that when I increase my knowledge my students will also get the benefits and be successful with the new web 2.0 tools.  Unfortunately there are a lot of students that don’t have the technology at home to make use of so by guiding my students in class and allowing them an experience with technology that perhaps they might not get otherwise.  For students that have access this increases there learning outside the classroom and allows them the opportunity to work and communicate with millions of others world wide.  I will continue to learn new things and am excited and willing to utilize the new information to benefit my student’s futures.  Two long term goals that I have set for myself are, integrating technology into my lessons and teaching my students about podcasting, blogs, or wikis (just one to start with).  I plan to accomplish these goals by making notes to myself about the students needs and what is important to them and what they will get from these lessons.  I also plan to utilize blogs, wikis, and podcasts so that I can teach it to my students as well and getting other teachers on board so we can work together making it beneficial to all students as well as teachers.  Yes, some of my answers have changed from week one’s checklist.  This course I have learned so much about blogs, wikis, and podcasts that I did not know about starting this course.  Now that I have had the chance to experience these things and learn more about them by utilizing them, I believe my students will be able to learn some exciting things that can be utilized inside and outside the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment